Saturday 3 December 2011

NCFE Community Mental Health and Psychiatry Level 4

I've just passed my first assignment and I am well on my way towards submitting my second one to my online tutor. Doing this home learning course is giving me a chance to explore an area of medicine which I am interested in. It is also providing the opportunity to partake in formal education alongside the practical and emotional learning which I am getting from working in the nursing home.

Assignment one looked at the role of advocacy and the community mental health team. I used research from internet journals to evaluate their effectiveness in several different essays. My next assignment is about the Mental Health Act and is broken down into 5 parts looking at different aspects of the law including sectioning a patient. Once I have completed assignment 2 I can start exploring specific mental health conditions and the implications of associated problems. Whilst studying my A level in Psychology I particularly enjoyed learning about schizophrenia. I think this qualification will fuel my interest in mental health and give me a chance to look at conditions which I haven't studied before.

No comments:

Post a Comment