Wednesday 14 December 2011

I'M GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!

Yesterday I got an email from UCAS informing me that my status has changed. I logged on to find an offer from Brighton and Sussex Medical School! I nearly forgot how to breathe when I read 'unconditional' on my computer screen. It felt almost surreal, I've spent the last 3 years working towards this place, determined to reach my goal. It honestly felt like a life changing moment. I am going to follow my dreams and become a doctor.
 As a carer I am able to provide personal care for the elderly and  use communication and teamwork on a day to day basis. A career in medicine will allow me to take this further and will challenge me both emotionally and intellectually. It is everything I could have wished for.

No comments:

Post a Comment