Wednesday 30 November 2011

National Strike wont affect 'urgent NHS care'

I haven't written any posts for a couple of days as I've been back on the night shifts again and so I've been feeling utterly exhausted. Luckily I am off until Saturday night so I have some time to catch up on sleep and get a 'normal' routine back.
Today over 2 million people are going on strike, including all of our local schools. It is expected that one fifth of the NHS workforce will be included in these statistics- the biggest strike in 20 years. NHS employers reassure the public that contingency plans will be put in place to ensure that A&E, cancer treatment and End-of-life care all have enough staff to function adequately. However non emergency treatments and routine appointments may suffer from the strike. This can only worsen the current issues regarding waiting lists- hopefully patients will get seen as soon as possible and it wont create too much of a backlog.

No comments:

Post a Comment