Sunday 16 October 2011

Night Shifts

I've been working the 12 hour night shifts, and i'm not going to lie, I've found them quite challenging! I have enjoyed being able to learn the routine at night as it is quite different to the day, however it has taken a bit of adjustment. So has becoming nocturnal; sleeping during the day and staying up all night does feel a bit strange. I have found that it disrupts your usual eating routines and I also had several nose bleeds this week.

Although I'm not in a hospital setting, I have had to stay up all night, attend to clients at the early hours of the morning and get used to a totally different routine. I think getting the opportunity to work nights as a care assistant will help to prepare me for my future career in medicine. It has taught me about the nature of the work and also shown me that I can manage it!

No comments:

Post a Comment